· Maximum of 7 students per class.
· 7 wheels available so no queuing for wheels and students can spend all night on the wheel if they want.
· Adult classes are 2 hours but we encourage students to stay on after the class to practice on the wheel or to work on at something they are making by hand.
· Pay half of the course up front so if you miss a class you only lose half of the class cost.
Great if you are looking for things to do in Galway City!
What'll I be making?
· For the adult classes we will run a program to give an introduction and then develop your skills on the wheel starting the classes with demonstrations and then one-on-one tuition from highly skilled and experienced teachers.
· During the course we will work through the making of bowls, candle-holders, jugs, mugs etc.
· The classes will start off for beginners but can cater for students at all levels as everyone will work at their own pace
· During the 8-week program, various hand building and surface decoration techniques will be covered, such as –
o Coil building
o Slab work
o Pinch Pots
o Slip Techniques
· This is not a strict program and you are free to spend the whole time on one or some preferred areas
Adult evening Classes :
Tuesday Evening 8pm – 10pm
Thursday Evening 8pm - 10pm
(The evening classes finish at 10pm but students are welcome to work on after the class)
· Adults Classes are 18 euro per class and are booked for an 8-week course. Adults pay 80 euro up front and then bring 8 euro per week. This ensures that a place is kept for you in the class, but that you do not lose the whole cost of the class should they miss one.
· All of materials and costs are included in these prices and there is no limit on what a student can make. With our help you can make whatever you want!